Sep 14, 2014

Schwaben Bräu Das Echte Märzen

Schwaben Bräu Das Echte Märzen
0,5l
5,7%

Yet another beauty gotten for me by my brother. I am currently doing a full time internship which is rather taxing on me so my updates might come a tad bit rarer than usual. Now Märzen usually means a stronger baby and indeed 5,7%. They tend to be on the sweet side but I'll wait and be surprised. The bottle is one of the fun ones that do not need an opener. The labels are classic and rather easy, the color is disputable ... yellow brown isn't to everyone's liking but it does work with this bottle -  at least for me.

I do like the clear, very golden color, though it isn't red at all... well there are very faint red hues but...
Bit sad about the foam which dissipated as fast as it rose but hey, you can't have it all, right.

The aroma is very heavy, spicy. I do like the musky tones that have very faint IPA aromas in it. It holds metallic aspects but it blends in nicely with the heavy spicy parts.

Ratbeer sees it in the mediocre range. We shall see what DirkRatesBeer decides ,).

I like the carbonation, the taste though is something I have to get used to. It starts sweet pepperish with an awkward metallic palate after and side taste. The overall feel and vibe I get from this brew isn't too awesome. It's a definite different experience but the side taste experiences, the mouth feel and the after taste just can't make this a grand thing for me. Still it's awesome that micro brews are keeping the pressure up so yay.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment