Nov 24, 2014

Grimbergen Dubbel

Grimbergen Dubbel
750ml
6,5%

Yes dear reader, I have indeed not written much and even todays entry will probably stay a short one.
I am working a lot and haven't been following my hobby that much. Much to my dismay.
This is part of the delivery I have gotten from Belgium from my beloved Brother.
So yes, a nice 0,75l bottle with a classy cork and the rather famous Grimbergen logo.

The brew is dark red, seems almost black.


Lotsa caramel colored foam that stays in the glass long.

Aroma is sweet - tart. Not as sweet as I had expected it from a Dubbel. Faint rhubarb and berry tones.

Tastewise it's full of surprises it starts sweet but expands with fine bitter notes and a very full mouth feel. Distant Sherry tones and faint chocolate notes are definitely present.

I do like this a lot!

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment