Jan 1, 2020

Brewdog Series Clockwork Tangerine

Clockwork Tangerine
Brewdog

4,5%
330ml
IBU 35
OG 1045

Malt: Cara, Crystal, Pale
Hops: Ahtanum, Amarillo, Cascade, Citra, Chinook, Nelson Sauvin, Mosaic, Simcoe

So it seems this blog is alive for at least this Brewdog Series. I really drink very, very little nowadays and though I never willingly thought OK let's end this, somehow the blog fell into disuse.
It IS the 1st of January 2020 though so what's better than breathing life into an old tradition.

Now Clockwork Tangerine. Thing is I am neither a fan of tangerines nor (as I explained before) of Simcoe. I also fear that I will fall into another prejudice trap, thinking that this will be fruity and all. Apparently, this brew does indeed seem to have been tangerine infused but on a quick search I haven't found out how or with juice or whatever... It doesn't matter really. Remember also not a big fan of added stuff to brew... Brewdog calls it a Citrus Session IPA. I DO like my IPA so I am totally willing to be surprised.

The color scheme for this can is (who would have guessed) tangerine. I am well known to live in the past and I loved Clockwork orange when I read it in school, thus the joke isn't totally lost on me when it comes to the name of this brew.

The glass will be, once again, my tasting glass, originally by Brauufactum.

The color indeed is tangerine-ish I like it. Dark orange with a nice head which, in my case, sadly dissipated rather quickly. I possibly didn't clean my glass thoroughly enough as you can see from the number of bubbles that settled on it.

Scent wise I didn't get anything when opening the can, as opposed to the WHOOSH I had yesterday.
It has a strong tangerine scent, however, not the rather chemical one that candy often has, but rather a natural nice tangerine scent, coupled with the classic IPA scent of hoppy goodness. The scent is really nice actually. Fresh, fruity, hoppy with hints of grass, grapefruit, and berries.

Tastewise the bitter tones win and layer above the very faint sweet and fruitiness. The fruit aspect comes into play at the aftertaste and lingers nicely. Carbonation is pretty perfect so far. I like how the bitterness is giving place to the other caramel and fruit tones with time. It's refreshing to have an IPA that's not tasting like every other IPA. I would have loved this even more if it were a tad bit sweeter but that's personal opinion..........like everything else on this blog.

They manage to make a really well-rounded brew with a lot of different aspects here and I did enjoy tasting it. It's a good start int 2020. Surprises all around.

Mouthfeel is nice, a bit watery in the aftertaste but all in all, it's a pretty full sensation.

Prost!




DMW



No comments:

Post a Comment