Jul 12, 2012

Riedenburger historisches Emmer Bier
Riedenburger Brauhaus

0,5l 5.1%




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmer
www.emmerbier.de



I found this bottle in the local eco-fair trade- whatever Supermarket and I liked the label (As I am collecting those I had to get it)
I originally thought that Emmer is the name of the brewery but once I started my research I found that it is indeed the name of a VERY old grain...I also found some mouthblown beerglasses in a fleamarket shop for 2 euros .. you can see it in the picture. This held a lot of yeast which I had to get detached from the bottom of the bottle first.. pouring this filled the room with a yeasty smell... not my most favorite... also the color reminds me of a dark yeast beer...it had a rich creamy caramelish head of foam which dissipated semi fast.. but that could be because of the glas. Olfactoric this is rather neutral. It smells fresh, not as yeasty as I thought... the color still is sorta eww.... like mixing cola with orangejuice or very lightly brewed coffee... let's try this.. rather sour with bread tones.. not at all what I had expected. As it is lacking the yeast taste again.. so definitely not like a dark yeast. I like the bread taste in it I must say. It is crisp and tart it actually partly reminds me of Berliner Weisse... Weird. It's a definite summer beer that holds different interesting layers and a huge surprise.
-DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment