Feb 19, 2013

Cookie Beer

Name: Cookie Beer
Brewer: Brasserie D'Ecaussinnes
8% 33cl

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4260/38642

After a visit to a shop with worlds largest beer selection I found this interesting piece. It pours with a lot of foam, which dissipates quickly. the foam is cream colored and not white and the beer itself is reddish brown with a noticeable amount of yeast in it. (It's a Belgian beer and I never fully understood whether you are supposed to drink the yeast or not..) Anyways, I also chose a classical Pils tulip glass for it which prolly wasn't the best choice but yeah..

Olfactory this indeed smells slightly like German Spekulatius / finnish Piparkakku/ Gingerbread. The clove smell is mixed with a crisp citrus smell and slight tones of yeast and cinnamon. The cinnamon smell increases as the beer gains warmth.

I have been looking forward to this one for a few days now and so far postponed it because of the 8% alcohol content and I didn't feel like it till today.

Time to try the beauty...or not.. the huge yeast amount sorta made me want to let it stand for a moment longer to get the yeast to settle.

At first the taste is a strong disappointment.. the amount of sugar in it is overwhelming and coupled with the malty bitterness not one of my favorites... the before smelled spices can't really fully be tasted besides maybe the cinnamon. The rather high alcohol content can't be tasted but I can feel it in the head pretty quick.

Even after a couple of gulps I can't get myself to like this.. the taste is almost medicinal for me. It's a bit sad as I was expecting something really nicely exotic but one can't win every day. Looking forward to some of the other beauties I bought though...

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment