Feb 22, 2013

Kellerbier Naturtrüb

Kellerbier Naturtrüb
Brewery: Brauerei Zirndorf
0,5l 5%
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/zirndorfer-kellerbier/87184/

And still the ongoing series from the shopping trip.
A classical Zwickel which I ordinarily wouldn't write about if I wouldn't have a bad day and am bored and somehow determined to plot down my thoughts to each and every one of the pieces I bought the last time.
As you can see I am also trying to vary the glasses I am using. Traditionally this should be drunk in a glass that fits all of it, in this case I picked a smaller one as I liked it today. the foam was nice and huge just like I like it. It dissipates and leaves a good nice cm of foam on the beer.

This Zwickel has the color I expect from it, bright golden, not filtered and a bit brighter than 'normal beer'. I especially like the unfiltered ones as the yeast does add to the taste and imho belongs to a beer.

It doesn't smell very intense which doesn't say much, yet there are distinct orange tones noticeable.... alas not a very strong scent.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Zwickel/Kellerbier is my current favorite of the different kinds of beer so let's explore whether this particular one shall make it to my top list.

It's mildly carbonated and I could live with a bit more of it as for my taste it's almost stale. Tastewise it's rather watery with some bitter after tones on the back of the palate. Also some metallic taste somehow..
I'd say I drink it and it tops the normal boring Pilsners but all in all it's rather bland and generic. Go buy and try but don't expect anything new or tantalizing.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment