Dec 1, 2013

Leffe

Leffe Royale
0,75l
7,5%

//
Right....... I KNEW I knew that bottle... it seems I wrote about it on April 2nd this year...
I guess take it as .. does his taste change... I decided to let this entry stay anyways... Just human I am..
//

And another part of the Doc H. series... a classic Belgium Beauty, this Leffe Royale comes in a very classy black bottle with cork and golden tones. Ratebeer has it in the upper middle class of their system.

I didn't plan for this, which is why this article might get a bit shorter... I just had a meh day at work and would love some nightcap... what's better than a 7,5% beauty.

I chose my Corsendonk glass for this though it only holds 0,33l. I brought it with me from Belgium so I guess it's a worthy choice.

As I mentioned, the bottle is black-matte. You can't see through it. Though I like it for advertisement and looks, it's a tad bit sucky as I like to see whether there is yeast on the bottom that I'd like to mix into my hoppish brew.. alas I can't.

Haptic-wise it always is something special to uncork a beer... gives that special champagne feeling.

It pours light and copper-gold ... looks really nice. Just a hue redder than your around the corner waterhole beer.
The foam is pure and white with big bubbles, alas they dissipate rather fast.

The olfactory experience is mediocre... huge yeast tones mixed with slight citrus and berry tones. Alas, the yeast is hovering above all.

It's mildly carbonated -just about right- and nicely sweet... maybe a tad bit too sweet for my taste.. a fate that some stronger beers sadly have. The malty sweetness mainly appears on the back of the palate, while the side of the tongue play with bitter side tones. One can guess slight cinnamon and spice tones.

This is a well made, round craft beer, alas it's missing the special something. I'd have it any day in a bar but it is a generic strong Belgium Blonde. Not bad at all, rather good even... but not special.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment