Aug 16, 2016

Brauerei Gusswerk - Steinbier

Steinbier
Brauerei Gusswerk

0,33l
5,6%

From what I could find out, this beer is brewed exclusively in a small  brewery  with attached brewpub (Site German exclusively) which is an Austrian certified ecological brewery so hey I'm doing a good thing for my health, right? Right?

Anyways, the special gimmick of this brew and why it is called Steinbier, meaning Stonebeer, is that it is cooled by hot stones being plunged into the brew... don't kill the messenger... which is supposedly giving it a supposedly special taste.

RateBeer is not giving it much... but as you know... I don't care about their rating and just include it for your reading pleasure and research.

The bottle and the included label is rather simplistic: A huge yellow dot with the name on it and the fact that it is ecologically brewed. They even have 2 little stones as dots over the 'i' on their label.

Glass wise I'd usually have taken a stein but to make a nicer picture I went for a stein-like glass instead.

It pours with a nice amount of caramel colored foam. The brew itself is unfiltered red-brown.

Aromawise we have a nice combination of yeast with nut and caramel, coupled with clemon zest and malt topped of with faint hues of honey.

I do like the warm honey caramel taste it starts out with, slowly changing to banana and hops. Really nice taste! The carbonation could be stronger. It does remind me of Finnish Sahti when it comes to the banana tones. The hop bitterness is decent and compliments the sweetness of ripe berries and caramel.

I _really_ like this brew! One of the cases when I am positively surprised! I also definitely think that RateBeer is wrong in their judgement of it.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment