Apr 2, 2015

Brewfist Bionic

Brewfist Bionic
0,33l
6%

Now when I saw this baby I was skeptical out of 2 reasons.
1. The label looked like it was some beer made for a movie.
2. Brewed in Italy? Now A lot of good stuff comes out of Italy... but beer?
3. Brewfist? The whole logo reminds me too much of Brewdog...

RateBeer hinks it to be good I guess so maybe I should give it a chance at least.

The label is... well flashy, special... at first I thought it is some themed beer for The Matrix or some SciFi Horror movie.. which fits the hailstorm outside. It shows a cyberpunkish woman in the best Shadowrun style.

I am informed that the Malt used is Pale, Munich, Melanoidin, Crystal, Pale Chocolate, while the hops are Simcoe and some 'experimental hop variety 366'. So yes I am skeptical but maybe the brew itself can make me happy.

Colorwise this is very red, golden, unfiltered. A LOT of light caramel colored foam that lingers for longer than I would have wanted.

Though this is called a celebatory IPA the aroma is not very IPA-y at all. Very artificial candy like tones hovering above everything else. Very faint medicinal tones that might come from the simcoe hops - at least I remember it to smell that way. Fruit jam with very soft tart tones.

Though this is labeled as an IPA I can't find it. The overall taste reminds me more of a nice stout, prolly stemming from the Pale Chocolate malt. The first taste is a tad bit medicinal which then changes to strong toffee and even dark chocolate tones. Faint bitter aftertaste.

I am inclined to praise this brew though I wouldn't have called it an IPA really. It is a very nice brew with a multitude of tastes available. Now if it only would be more IPA-ish...

Prost!

DMW






No comments:

Post a Comment