Apr 18, 2015

Riegele BierManufaktur Amaris 50

Amaris 50

0,66l (!!)
5%

Alas, I had never heard of Riegele till my beloved brother gave me a tasting set box from them. (Including a glass... soon I have a LOT of those)
The weirdest thing is that they come in 0,66l bottles, something I have never seen before. They all share the same general label design.

The one I shall start with, is Amaris. Hopped with Hallertauer Perle, Opal, Hersbrucker and Tettnanger Mittelfrüh, the brewers even include the type of yeast used. Impressive, but just a stunt? We shall see.

Ratebeer shows itself unimpressed.

The yellow brew pours nicely with a lot of very fine white foam. Nice head indeed.
By now the head is dissipating and it's time to tackle the aroma, High amount of bitterness, fruity sidetones and tart facets. The hops are there but very faint.

Middle high carbonation, very nice mouthfeel. It starts fruity, only to explode into a bitter taste bloom. My initial expectation that this might only be a generic Pils have died. This is a very, very great Pils. Maybe one of the best I have had. The aspects are manifold. The bitterness is a nice extra and not as bad as expected as it dissipates very quickly. The yeast is not much noticeable and the flowery tones nicely mix with the bitterness. All in all, definitely worth it!


Prost!
DMW




No comments:

Post a Comment