Apr 26, 2015

Riegele BierManufaktur Robustus 6

Robustus 6

0,66l
5%
Irish Ale Yeast
Pale Chocolate Malt, Dark Chocolate Malt, roasted Barley


Hullo and welcome to part 2 of the Riegele BierManufaktur series. 2 done, 2 to come.
I chose this one as the other 2 are both rather high in their alcohol percentage and this is ranking lower.

The label follows the guidelines of the last one and as the name promises I am expecting something strong, full tastewise. I am again weirded out by the strange choice of bottle size... 0,66l

RateBeer is putting his in the upper middle field but I decided not to reat it, to not spoil my own impressions.

The brew pours very, very dark, possibly the blackest beer I have seen, with almost no foam. I used some skill to conjure the hazelnut - caramel colored foam seen in the picture. Very fine bubbles, sadly gone very fast.

The aroma is very nutty with some rather weird side tone. Dark chocolate -  nut ice cream would be the closest I could compare it with.

Ok the taste is basically ruined for me with the sweetness of it. I double checked but no added sugar at least... still it is like one of these Czech beers with added sugar. Once you get over the sweetness, the brew does have a nice balanced bitterness with dark chocolate and indeed nutty as well as berry tones present.

Actually I might want to reverse what I said as the sweetness does grow on me though it still is a bit too much. It counterbalances the bitter tones nicely actually and provides a relatively round, full taste.

It is definitely an interesting brew although I doubt I would buy that particular bottle again if given the choice.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment