May 18, 2016

Autenrieder Urtyp Hell

Autenrieder Urtyp Hell

0,5l
5%

And another post for the Reinheitsgebot series. The weather outside has been meh and so has been my mood but hey we want to finish this series.

I thought I'd keep the not yeasties for the end, alas Ratebeer has another rather abysmal rating for this brew....but what do I care. :).

The brewery (again only in German) claims to have been brewing since 1650 so beer with tradition.
The three labeled bottle looks rather standard if not a bit old fashioned even. The labels are red, white and gold and somehow it looks like a rather generic brew judging from the label.

For the glass I went back to one of my good ole classic tasting glasses.

It's pouring nice and crisp, looks like a lot of carbonation. The head is not especially much, very fine bubbles, dissipating quickly. Colorwise it is of a rich gold with a touch of red in it. Looks interesting at least.

The aroma at first is very lemony but then fades to a rather unappetizing generic Pilsener smell. Light tones of freshly cut grass and flowers.

OK the taste is off. At first it reminded me of dishwater, then sweet tones joined. The carbonation is good but that's about it. There is a definitive sweet, soap tone in this and it isn't very appetizing. Even the aftertaste stays soapy with very faint hoppish bitterness. It is flat and doesn't offer any full mouth.

Absolutly on the worse side when it comes to brews. I don't loathe it as much as I loathe  Karjala  but it comes close.  Meh.

Prost!

DMW




No comments:

Post a Comment