Oct 5, 2011

Original N° 1 Museumsbier

Schussenrieder (Brauerei Ott)
0,5l bottle 4,7%



Surprise package delivered by my brother who surprised me with 3 beauties of unknown quality which herewith are about to be tasted. Colorwise this naturally cloudy - as unfiltered - beer is a pale yellow a bit fanta-ish. The full white foam dissipates slowly but leaves a nice white layer. The beer stems from a small brewery and is labeled as the museumbeer of the beerstein museum.
The odor is mediocre and holds a lot of citrus aroma coupled with the expected yeast. It also smells as if it will have a high carbonation .. we shall see. Its fruity yeast smell is interesting and I can't judge whether I like it or not. Time to taste!
Carbonation isn't as high as I expected, actually it's about perfect. The taste is a bit waterish but very tasty in the aftermath. It holds a nice malty side tone which is an interesting addition to the slight citrus and spice tones. An unfiltered beauty made not for everyone but I like it. I'm a huge fan of unfiltered beers and this fills my expectations. Kudos to my brother for introducing this interesting baby to me.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment