Oct 7, 2011

Ulmer Gold Ochsen Kellerbier

0,5l bottle 5,1%
Kellerbier / Zwickelbier

Part 2 of my brothers recent delivery of 3 bottles to me. He sure knows my love for Kellerbier and thus brought me this from his trips to the surroundings of Ulm where the beer is brewed by the brewery Gold Ochsen. The foamy head goodness of the beer persists very long and doesn't dissipate fully. It is rich golden in color and not as cloudy (aka unfiltered) as I usually like em but it is interesting enough. I can see the contours of my fingers through it but that's about all. Scent wise this offers a wide bouquet of flowery tones mixed with some sweet yeast parts. The glas I am drinking it from is something very dear for me... my aunt gave it to me and it has been handmade a long while ago as the brewery advertisement that's on it depicts a brewery that hasn't been open for decades. My aunt used to use it as a vase... grunt.. but back to the beer. The freshness of the smell is making my mouth water and it does smell good... Taaaaaaaaaaste tiiime. Mhh a rare gem indeed! Thre is a surprise bitterness tone in it way back on my palate but it dissipates almost instantly, making place for very rich spicy and mouth watering happiness. Another Kellerbier that is absolutely making me happy. I really, really love these surprises that one can find somewhere around the corner. The aftertaste is really good, slightly malty but of the good not the burnt variety and all in all the best beer I have had for weeks. Thanks Frank!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment