Oct 7, 2011

Ulrichsbier

Bergbrauerei Ulrich Zimmermann
Braunbier
Bottle 0,33l 5,3%

www.bergbier.de


Final baby of the block of 3 presented to me by my brother.
This coldbrewed beauty surprises with an interesting color of light brown.. actually the first brownbeer I know that actually IS brown... the dark amber color reminds me of thin Cola. The foamy head builds up very full at first, dissipates very fast though. I chose to drink this from a Radeberger Pils Glas as it was size wise the closest glas I had. I do, however, think that the glas was a good choice for it. Olfactory the beer has not very much to offer. It has a weak flowery sweet smell that I would expect from a bock, only to a lesser degree.
The taste surprised me. First I thought it's too watery, till it exploded with metallic, spicy nuances. The carbonation is just about right if not a TAD bit too much for my taste but that's seriously just a small side note. It IS a really, really interesting beer when it comes to taste as it combines fine hoppish notes with a crisp bitterness that I normally dislike, however, in this beer it just works as a compund piece of tasted art. I like the almost almondy aftertaste mixed with the bitterness which lingers in ones mouth just long enough to be good and not long enough to be a nuisance. Makes me sad that these smaller breweries are not known further that their home places normally... I really can see me drinking more of this. The exact right amount of bitterness makes it a real surprise for me. YAY for another rare find.

Keep em comin Mr. Brother...

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment