Jul 11, 2014

Weissbierprobe 4 Schneider Weisse Unser Aventinus

Schneider Weisse Unser Aventinus
0,5l
8,2%

Though it is super hot and humid outside and a thunderstorm is about to start I am going for the next step in the series. Their Bock is one class below the Icebock I had some week ago or so.
As you know by now I am not the hugest fan of high percentage beers as they tend to knock me out. But as I am not at Finncon where I wanted to be and am feelinggenerally meh 8,2% seems just what a man needs now.

Now the bottle is having the same design as their others though for the love of God I cannot identify what the fingerpaint label should represent.. a reversed golden drop with a red arch through it... As I said.. no idea.

Again the designated glass they gave me with the box so let's see.

Colorwise this is a dark hazelnut, very cloudy. The light doesn't get through at all.

A lot of foam on this baby - actually I already had to sip some from the bottle as the foam threatened to pour out. The foam itself is of caramel color and consist of mixed sized bubbles.

The aroma is heavy sweet plum with tart apricot tones. Slight peppery sub-tones with marzipanish sub sub tones :).

The carbonation is perfect, alas the aroma tis time is rather yuck. Very medicinal and alcoholic. I remember I had this before and I liked it but this time I'm  tempted to pout it away even. It is sweetish but the aftertaste burns my throat and I am missing the typical plum I expect in a bock. I guess it is drinkable but I am starting to loathe it. No no no.

Prost...
DMW



No comments:

Post a Comment