Jul 22, 2014

Gössweinsteiner Wallfahrtsbier

Gössweinsteiner Wallfahrtsbier
0,5l
5,3%

Another baby I brought from the area with the most breweries in Germany. And hell I need something cool right now as it is still so frakking hot.
I actually bought this beer in a small church shop next to a basilica (link in German only).
It is brewed for them by Held-Bräu for the pilgrims there as it is a pilgrimage site.
It looks like a genuine Pilsner but the label doesn't state anything. The label depicts a scene from the church, showing the holy trinity. A rather simplistic label but hey, it's catholic.

As I had another beer earlier I chose to stick to the same glass and not grab a new tasting glass.

The smell isn't very appetizing to be honest. There is something bitter and foul in it, mixed with a very faint maltyness

 I'd almost say it smells rotten but well yeah...I am at a loss of word's really... the closest idea I have is eggnog but that can't really be...
It pours with little head which is mainly fine pored and dissipates rather fast. It's a bit brown gold with very faint red hues.

Ratebeer doesn't have a score of it so far... which might be a good or a bad thing.
Cabonation is perfect and even the taste is good it is a bit metallic with nutty side tones and a faint strange aftertaste. Still it is a very umami taste though I should have let it chill even more.The bitterness prevails in the aftertaste and is not very noticeable during the actual drink which makes it a very interesting taste experience. I do like this brew though the smell was nothing I need again but yeah I can see myself easily quaffing a couple of those in a nice beer-tent.

Thumbs up!

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment