Jul 5, 2014

Weissbierprobe 3 Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein Grünes

Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein Grünes
0,5l
6,2%

Part 3 of the Weissbier Series. Warning first.. I'm not having a great day and was just hoping to drink a brew to relax but the only cold I had was the article beer so I might not be as cheerful as recently.

So another Weissbier from the same brewery.. I have no idea where the difference for this one might be this time. It's certified organic as well.. I think it's a trend and possibly not a bad one. The title 'Mein Grünes' means 'My Green' though I do not hope that this will be green after all. I'd guess it is hinting at the certified organic. So let's be surprised. Another label that's designed with kids finger color, this time showing something I'd guess is supposed to be some hops. The description states that it should be best served with veggies.

I'll use the designated tasting glass as the one from the brewery is currently in the dishwasher.

Colorwise it is a cloudy brown yellow.. again not really a super yummy color I gotta admit but it's about the taste, right?

We have a ton of foam on this one as you can see in the picture so it's waiting time till I can try it.

The aroma is very hoppy, almost like an IPA, especially with the floral sub tones. It's a very decent, fresh scent though I can sense something smoky in it which might mean that my brother has been smoking inside or that it is the beer itself.
By now the foam has dissipated so time to try.
This is absolutely awesome. I would classify this as a yeast IPA. It's very IPAish, the bitterness is awesome and lingers strongly. The yeast is there but not very strong.

So far this is definitely the yummiest of the series.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment