Sep 13, 2011

Germano-English Invasion

Bottle, 0,5l 4%
Brewed by Sheperd Neame

What better start for an English entry than an English beer...

This Ale (sometimes also called a Bitter) is definitely one of my favorites. As I do not share the enthusiasm of my fellow writers when it comes to IPA or Ale in general, I was a tad bit scepitcal when a coworker brought me this beauty from the UK. I was wrong, however. The taste is really rich and it goes down very smooth though it smells very american genuine beerish for me. I liked the foamy head it produced and the chocolat almost spicy taste tones it has in addition to a generic toffee flavor. This rich, fruity ale has won me over. Apparently you can even get in from Lidl in the UK. The amber color is pleasing my eye and - as a label collector - I really liked the fancy St. George against the dragon label. I really like the aftertaste and the aroma that stays in ones nose. A quick net research showed that the general public gave it rather mediocre reviews... an opinion I can't share.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment