Sep 22, 2011

Veltins Pilsener


bottom fermented Pilsner
0,5l bottle 4,8%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veltins


In a 'back to the roots' movement I decided to go for my former favorite beer when I was just beginning to consume this golden beverage out of which dreams are made and nightmares spun. According to Wikipedia Veltins Pilsener is the number 7 in the top selling breweries in Germany. The bottle is nice and branded with the brewery name within the glas, something that's not that common in Germany since most beer bottles are made in the same way so they can be interchangeable between the breweries. After a nice and full foam head, a small layer remains. Filtered and absolutely clear the color has a classical golden shine. Smell is is very fresh and fruity .. actually it makes my mouth water so time to taste it...:)
A tad bit watery the taste opens after a second or two. The distinct bitter and slightly yeasty taste comes in the aftertaste. Luckily not too bitter, it holds a nice balance between hops and the spicy side notes. I do remember why I used to like it... still I prefer my unfiltered Kellerbier but its definitely a good Pilsener, even though or maybe because it is produced by a big brewery.
DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment