Aug 21, 2014

Black Isle Organic Goldeneye Pale Ale

Black Isle Organic Goldeneye Pale Ale
0,33l
5,6%

So I returned from London and Worldcon. The Beerses were great though not super great. I did have 1 that was amazing though. Then my brother brought me two beers and I glanced at them and said ah I know em. He was sad. Then I looked at hem again and realized I didn't. I had seen the logo and figured it to be twisted thistle but nah. So tonight I give you an Goldeneye Pale Ale. The Black Isle Brewing label seem to be the same on their specialties with varying color dots in the middle of the iconic thistle. I always loved that design though admittedly I thought it was a different brewery.

The easy pour is darker and browner than I would have expected. Red, hazelnut brown gold with a nice mediocre head consisting of mix sized bubbles.

The aroma is very IPAish, the hops have a strong aroma mixed with very faint yummie vinegar notes (not in any bad way). Sweet flowery notes are there coupled with hints of dried red fruit.

By now most of the head has dissipated (sniff) and I can taste.

Dried red fruits, caramel, hops. Soft bitterness in the aftertaste. Faint chocolate tones. All in all not as powerful as expected but definitely a great drink. Faint dark chocolate notes. Only minus point I can find is that the alcohol is taste-able in the aftertaste and I'm not a fan of this.
Ratebeer is seeing this as I do. Definitely in the upper quarter of beers.

Thank you Frank!


Prost!
DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment