May 20, 2014

Braufactum Colonia

Braufactum Colonia
355ml
5,5%

As my readers know I have written about Braufactum before... they formed a company which has raised the standard of beers in Germany... alas also the prices. Their products include their own beer as well as others that they apparently import and are allowed to sell. They sell stuff right out of a branded fridge in selected salespoints. Also they are making glasses... and you know how much I like glasses.. which is why I purchased their sampling glass as it looks fancy... Today - I fear -  I won't write as much as usual.... simply because I had a block of very stressful work days and this is my 'YAY DAY OFF' beer.

Their bottles all share a unique brand design and I haven had their smaller bottle before. (The other ones I wrote about were huge bottles.)

I have had a Kölsch before so we shall see whether this Craft Kölsch is any different from the local 90 cent Supermarket Kölsch.

I am a bit skeptical about the glass I have to admit but hey the internet says they developed it specially for beer tasting so... It pours with nice foam with huge pores. They call it a top fermented bitter. It is red golden though the brew is so nicely chilled that the glass looks like frosted.
It smells very fresh and like Pilsner with flowery tones, hops and citrus fruits. Maybe some hints of pepper.

It's very bitter which is rather refreshing. Carbonation is about perfect, the hops are definitely there and taste very appetizing, there is, however, a bit soapy side tone and I can taste the alcohol... two minus points.

It is a solid, nice bitter, that definitely branches away from the usual German crap.. if it is worth double the price ... Maybe.

Thanks to my brother who is the one who has access to the closest Braufactum sales point.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment