May 27, 2014

Viru

Viru
by A. Le Coq
300ml
5%

I have to admit it. I only bought this because of the bottle .. so yeah I totally fell for advertising. The bottle of this Estonian beer was just too cool to pass. I am, surely, influenced by James Ramsden when it comes to Estonian beer... which means I am skeptical about it. But hey I drink Finnish beer so Estonian beer can't be so bad, right?

When it comes to the bottle, well you best have a look at it. It reminds me of some bottles they had in Star Trek in the background somewhere. And you all know that I have a soft spot for glasses and bottles.

It has a metallic blue label on the upper part of the bottle that only holds 300ml.
I honored it by using my fancy tasting glass.

It pours easy with rather little foam. It leaves a small layer of very fine pored bubbles.
It's very golden yellow.
The aroma is sweetish but all in all rather generic. I find it is smelling more/better than te generic Finnish stuff I know.

Its pretty watery with a slight bitter hoppish taste. Funnily everyone else I found on the internet just bought it because of the bottle as well. Not much taste in it really. Slight flowery tones but really rather tasteless.

Its an OK drink. I wouldn't mind getting it on tap on a night out if it were just for the drinking fun... but yeah that's about all I can say to it.

Prost!

DMW


No comments:

Post a Comment