May 23, 2014

Riedenburger Brauhaus Dolden Sud

Riedenburger Brauhaus Dolden Sud
330ml 6,5%

So I managed to go shopping today and 'accidentally' ended in the Worlds leading beer store with even an entry in the Guinness book of world records. I purchased malty goods for 52€ which might not be much for a Finn but for a German it's .. well a lot for beer.

It also is yuckie hot outside.. we are in the third day with 28 degrees. Little breaks of thunderstorms. In other words: It's a tropical hell out there and my low blood pressure is not a huge fan of this.

I chose an IPA or as they mockingly call it a Bavarian Pale Ale because I really want one today. I hope that the bitterness is refreshing. I love the design of the label and the funny little story they put on the back. It's all somehow steam punkish. Also all their ingredients are certified organic so basically drinking this just MUST be healthy, right? RIGHT? So yeah, I'm in love with their label and the fact that a German brewery dares to make an IPA add the certified organic to it and I doubt I could not like it.

It ours very orange, I'll come up with my Fanta comparison again and has a strong smell. The huge pores linger around long, just like I like it. Persistent foam for everyone!

This smells.. oh my how this smells. This must be the best smelling beer I have tried or at least that I can remember trying. It's super fresh with strong gooseberry tones. A hint of copper but very faint and somehow fitting, hell I'd buy an air freshener with that scent! Sweet tones that build a full aroma with tart parts.

I SO gotta try this now.

The carbonation is mild which is OK for an IPA. It is fruity with a nice strong bitterness. The hoppish bitterness blends in with the fresh fruit taste. Seriously the only minus point I can find is that I can taste the alcohol in the aftertaste but that's just one of my pet peeves, is it not.

I find faint muscat blossom and gooseberry in it. It's a very fine IPA indeed. Superior in taste and forming a delicate piece of art all together.

SO not regretting that I bought it.

Prost!
DMW












No comments:

Post a Comment