Jun 14, 2014

Grüner Vollbier Hell

Grüner Vollbier Hell
0,5l
4,9%

Now this beer wins simply because of the label and the bottlecap. It looks exactly as if I could have just found it on my grannies basement where it was left in the 50s or 60s. Whether it tastes better shall be seen.

Ratebeer isn't very impressed by this Vollbier but as I said I had to buy it simply because of the label. It also is one of the few bottles left from my huge shopping trip to Maruhn. (Sniff).

It pours easy and quick with not much foam that dissipates rather fast. It reminds me of Finnish generic mehness though it is paler colorwise. Also crystal clear filtered. The color is not very appealing its like a bleached out yellow.

The aroma isn't anything spectacular either. Somehow it reminds me of raw meat.. which is weird. Very faint yeast and malt tones. Also soft cinnamon and floral notes.

The carbonation is perfect and I must say I actually like the taste. It's very umami and tasty with floral tones. A nice full taste, no noticeable bitterness, nice full mouth with soft malt aroma. I could see me buying a case of this for a party. Rather nice though I wasn't convinced at first. A good one indeed!

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment