Jun 20, 2014

Riedenburger Ur-Helles

Riedenburger Ur-Helles
0,5l
4,8%

My after work beer today is another Riedenburger I think I have had that brewery a couple of times and I am not sure whetre I liked it or not, This bright beer is ecologically certified and has some stickers proving it. Besides that the label is rather old style with a happy, happy table full of shiny happy people. Actually 2 couples. Oh the happy family. Anyways, it is a bottom fermented baby so I made sure to mix it around to get all the yeasty goodness int my glass. Not a lot of foam. The little there is, is very fine and stays for a while. Still unusual for a German beer. Colorwise it is rather pale and unfiltered, though in the glass it gets a more orange reddish hue.

The aroma is very mild and yeasty, I can sense some iron and even white wine tones mixed with a sour baseline.

Carbonations is fine, malt is ok though it leaves a bit of a weird side tone. The maltyness lingers on the tongue and gives it a sandy, grainy feeling. There are very faint sweet, floral notes but all in all it doesn't stand out as anything special. I give this definite bonus points for the whole ecological certification and all and it is above the usual crap. All around a good beer, though there is nothing that really stands out or that I shall keep in memory.

Prost and Happy Midsummer!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment