Jun 12, 2014

Hopfenstopfer Incredible Pale Ale

Hopfenstopfer Incredible Pale Ale
0,33l
6,1%
55IBU

After yesterday and the Triple Hop Craft Beer I move on to today's Quad Hop Craft Beer of the same brewery, namely Häffner Bräu Gmbh www.Hopfenstopfer.de.

The label is the same as yesterdays when it comes to minimalism but instead of blue stripes it is marked with red ones. It also has a small explanation via icons on the side, explaining how it should be drunk from a glass etc. Good for beginners.

A lot of foam on this baby, so much that I needed to hold the glass under the bottle right after opening the bottle. The big and small pored head is holding up nicely so far and the beer itself is of an unfiltered yellow-brownish color. Sadly this time they do not say which 4 hops they used, unlike the one I had yesterday.

This smells a lot more like a classical IPA than the one yesterday. It comes with the fulla roma expected from an IPA, flowers, fruits, hops, a rich orange juice / grapefruit tone, mixing with spices and a warm tartness.

By now much of the head is gone (Prolly cause I almost poked my nose into it) and we can continue to the tasting.

Carbonation is almost too much, hurts my tongue a bit. After the tartness of carbonation a warm bitterness takes over only to fade away to a tad bit watery taste. The hoppish bitter tones linger afterwards. It has a lot of great attempts but fails in the end. Like yesterday this is lacking the bite I'd want out of an IPA. It is bitter and it is spicy but it fades to a weird watery sensation that I wouldn't have expected. Overall the one yesterday, namely the Triple Hopped was better imho.

Ratebeer gives it a nice high number. I am not sure I can concur. I agree that it is a high quality craft IPA sure. But I am missing a certain something in it. Still a great brew!

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment