Jun 3, 2014

Rittmayer Hallerndorfer Bitter 42

Bitter 42
Brewery Rittmayer
330ml
5,5%

Back to the roots seems to be an ongoing trend everywhere... this is alsoi the exact reason why I bought this beer. I simply loved the simplistic, retro design.

The small bottle with the blue label simply states Bitter 42, which wonder oh wonder is also the name of the brew and the amount of Bitter Units this baby holds. (I have no idea what a bitter unit is..).

Ratebeer does seem to like it at least a bit.

It pours easy with a looot of really nice fine pored foam, just like a good ole German Pilsener has to be.
It's a bit more red than the usual Pils color. I like the slight copper tones.

It smells like a Pilsner.. slight pepper tones and a tad of copper. Fresh yeast and decent hops. A warm, full aroma.

The carbonation is perfect, though I had it in the fridge for days it isn't as cold as I'd want it to be.
It's very full in taste but the most spectacular about it is indeed the bitter aftertaste that lingers on the whole tongue for a while after one had a sip.
This article  gave me some more insight into IBU and the Bitterness units. The bitterness is different from an IPA because it is more direct.

It's an interesting tasty Pils, alas besides the novelty of some extra bitterness this didn't blow me away.
Nice one for the collector and basically everything is better than something generic.

Prost!

DMW


No comments:

Post a Comment