Jun 8, 2014

Störtebeker Hanse-Porter

Störtebeker Hanse-Porter
0,5l
4%

Continuing yesterdays entry we shall have a look at the second bottle I got from this Störtebeker brewery people. This baby is called a Porter though it is less alcoholy than the fruity disaster I had last.

Aaaaanyways, the label is the same as the other one with simply another name and another explanation what has been used. This one at least only has added sugar and no other stuff. I am still miffed that they market their stuff as craft beers but yeah...

This is rather dark though with almost no foam. It reminds me of coke basically.

The aroma is very dark and malty. Very strong dark coffee tones. Dark chocolate and almost burned malt.

Alas, this is almost sickeningly sweet. Which is very, very sad. The dark mats could easily make a really good porter...  the overly added sugar, however, ruins this for me. The carbonation also is very good and I would _love_ to try this without the sugar. The chosen malts and the degree it was roasted is very promising. The malt produces a grand amount of really interesting aromas I haven't tasted this way ever. The sugar covers it almost totally though and makes this almost not drinkable for me. I am tempted to pour it away. A real, real pity.
Ratebeer goes low as well.

Prost

DMW


No comments:

Post a Comment