Jun 11, 2014

Hopfenstopfer Comet IPA

Hopfenstopfer Comet IPA

0,33l
6,8%
55IBU


It is too hot. Still. Again. Meh! I was happy to be working some of the days as I do have that air condition but for now I am suffering. So what would be better than a nice icy cold IPA. I treasured today's and the upcoming one for a while as they are part of a small miniseries. The brewery makes more but I just bought those 2 babies last time. They are made by the Häffner Brräu Gmbh of which I have never heard before and hopefully part of a nice craft series. They call this a Triple Hop Craft Beer and list the used Hops as Hallertauer Comet, Saphir and Taurus.

Ratebeer  has a lot of points for this so I am eager.

The label is rather plain which I find nice. It holds all the needed information without fancy pictures or cool fonts. It's right up my alley.

It developed a nicehead of mixed sized bubbles. Actually more than I have seen in an IPA before. The foam lingers longer han usually as well and is still present now.

It does smell rather weird, not very appetizing I must admit. Sorta burnt fruits, coffee and orange zest. A strong part of  overripe almost fermenting fruit tones.

Its cloudy and a bit redder than usual IPA. More opaque than cloudy actually.

Now to the taste...

Carbonation is good. The bitterness is a nice mix with the fruity tones and reminds me of grapefruit the way it lingers in ones mouth while fruity goodness is pouring over it. It is very refreshing though I can taste the alcohol in the after taste. I wouldn't mind it being more bitter for the real great IPA Punch but I do like the floral and fruity tones in it. I must say this is great, though lacking a bit punch. Still it's maybe the best IPA I have had in Germany.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment