Mar 12, 2013

Alsfelder Landemmer

Alsfelder Landemmer
0,33l
5,1%

Tonight a short break from Faust...

I stumbled over this when i went to the shop 5 min before it was closing and they had it in their "cheap and take with u" corner for 50 cents as it is expiring tomorrow.

I recently did an article about Emmer already.

And this reminded me of it when I saw it.. God knows maybe it even was the same but I cant be bothered to check.

So yeah it pours slightly cloudy with visible flakes of yeast and with little foam that dissipates rather quickly and is only visible around the points where the glass meets the liquid. It's clear otherwise and bright yellow if not for the yeasty goodness. The smell reminds me of freshly baked bread or maybe the smell of putting a bit of beer into the water tossed on a sauna stove. There are floral tones in it too and a certain tartness.

The carbonation is nice and so is the bitterness that initially strikes but then quickly vanishes. I do like the slight hoppy taste mixed with fine yeast tones. It's very fresh and delicate with loads of aspects on the tongue. A great beer to drink that leaves the craving for more. Sadly I only found the 0,33l bottle.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment