Mar 15, 2013

Kapuziner Kellerweizen
0,5l
5,1%
Kulmbacher Brauerei

My brother who knows of my nice hobby and has helped with a lot of my beauties, brought me this today and I figured that it's a nice thing to try after a stressy day. Normally I don't do the wheat beers but as you all know that I'm the hugest Kellerbier fan, this had to be done.
I absolutely LOVE the label on it. The retro design is just really cool and would be one of the reasons why I'd try and buy the bottle.

It pours with relatively little foam for a Weizen and is nicely dark cloudy like a dark Weizen... The foam has dissipated by now and it holds the typical smell of a good yeasty Weizen. There is a lot of tartness in it and fine salt notes in the smell.
Sadly I couldn't manage to take a nice or good picture of it as either the label was too dark or the beer ended looking yellow .. as I am a label collector I went for the label.
I haven't been a huge fan of this particular kind of beer but I guess today is the best day to try one again as I used to drink only those.

The carbonation is a bit on the high side for me and it could go with less. The taste is very unusual and interesting. It's filling the mouth with many aspects, a woody, smoky aftertaste among them.
The tartness isn't as bad as on most other Weizen beers and the aforementioned smoky tones coupled with a fine bitterness makes this one of the better Weizens I have tasted. Some gold stars to my brother for finding this baby in the shelves of his local beer dealer.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment