Mar 11, 2013

Faust Schwarzviertler

Faust Schwarzviertler
0,5l
5,2%

As I heard that a good friend of mine died, this beer is for him, thank you Taneli for the years of friendship and the conversations we have had. I drink for you!

Another day, another Faust. Today I chose their dark beer specialty which I remember drinking when visiting their brewery but can't remember the taste.
Like all their labels this one comes in their uniform design, this time maybe a bit darker to represent the dark beer. It advertises with dark malts and roasted aromas... let's see.

For once this is a beer that almost has a bit too much foam for me.. if you have to wait till you can drink it without getting a mustache it can be bothersome.. The foam itself is nicely cream colored and consists of nice small bubbles, paired with bigger ones.

It's not smelling very intense but there are noticeable yeast tones in it, paired with fruity, roast aromas.

The beer itself is clear but dark brown with red hues but well yeah mainly dark brown.. reminds me of something nutty why ever...
Time to taste... Taneli... for you!

Its very nutty with decent smoke aromas around the palate, a bit like a smoke beer but more decent and not that prominent but yeah definite smoke aroma there. Carbonation wise it's perfect, it tickles the tongue a bit but doesn't hurt the mouth. its slightly sweet in the beginning with very decent bitterness tones in the end. The yeast isn't really taste-able, instead there are fine fruity tones in it.

As I personally am not the greatest fan of smoke beer it gets a 'Oh Well' on my scale though it is definitely a well made solid beer and I can imagine some nice evenings with friends and a case of it.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment