Mar 26, 2013

Paulaner Salvator

Paulaner Salvator
0,5l 7,9%
As winter is still here though theoretically we are in Spring, it's time for yet another Bock. Though the last one did indeed sorta knock me out and I in my biblical age am not a huge fan of strong percentage beers anymore as well... they knock me out, I am yet again willing to try this beer for you, beloved readers.

It pours dark brown with red hues, I guess it's save to say that it has a rich chestnut color. The foam isn't very strong and dissipates very fast, being of a rich creamy color, unlike the usual white one from Pilsners.

The label is sorta cute (which is why my bros bought it for me).. thanks Frank! It shows a monk handing over a beer to a noble in almost comiclike fashion.

By now all foam has dissipated and it could be mistaken for a Coke, wouldn't there be the distinct smell of a bock. It's very full, very fruity, very malty in the smell and I expect the increased sweetness and heaviness that I like and hate in Bocks. Tart tones of alcohol and chestnut are also present.


The carbonation is pretty perfect, it's a bit stronger than I expected but that's a good thing in this case. It starts with fruity floral tones and ends with bitter malt tones and even hues of savory meat that makes your saliva flow. It's neither as sweet as I expected not too bitter and it doesn't show the almost 8% which is another good thing. The aftertaste, however, shows the typical bitterness.

A nice bock for the cold winter days.. now I just need to lose some weight so I could drink more of those...

DMW 


No comments:

Post a Comment