Mar 22, 2013

Faust Pils

Faust Pils
 0,5l 4,9%
And as everything comes to an end so does my Faust designated week. RL is still being a bitch at the moment so I can't promise the daily updates I'd like to write. I can't even make it to the drink shop of my trust to buy more of the stuff that dreams are made of.

Anyways, I kept the Pils till the end.. as most of you should know by now, I am not a huge fan of Pils... not that there is anything wrong with this bottom-fermented stuff... but as it is the most commonly spread beer around Germany, it rarely is 'special' anymore.

The Faust version of Pils pours nicely with a niiiice huuuuge head of foam that dissipates very slowly. (In Germany we tend to say that a well poured beer needs 5 minutes so if you get it faster from a bar it's a rather bad sign)
It leaves an uneven surface of foam, big and small bubbles happily mixed in unison. If only the world would be as peaceful as the surface of this beer. (Gee I'm getting philosophical)
It's very yellow and filtered clear. Maybe a bit more yellow than I thought it would beer. But yeah not much else to say about that..

It's smelling very lemony and doesn't have the usual Pils smell I expected. Floral tones mix with the scent of cane sugar and it's a nice surprise not to smell the tangy smell I thought it would have.

The carbonation is a bit on the low side but surprisingly seems to get more in the aftertaste. (Talking about the tongue sensation here) It has a nice floral tone in the taste that mixes nicely with the hoppy after taste and it even reminds me of some IPAs I have had... funny.  Not as bitter as most Pilsners, the mix of the fruity tones with the bitterness is interesting, alas nothing super special...

All in all concluding the Faust week showed me that I really was never disappointed by them or their pieces of brewed art. If you ever get your hands on their stuff, don't hesitate to try. You can taste the love they put into it.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment