Mar 20, 2013

Faust Doppelbock

Faust Doppelbock 
0,5l 7%


Sorry for the delay in the continued Faust Week. Those of you who know me irl, know that I am currently having a multitude of issues to deal with.

But anyways, after my liver recovered from my aunts 75th bday I am ready to tackle the goodness that has been waiting in my fridge for a while now.
The dark brown goodness poors with an abundance of big-pored foam, which, however, sadly dissipates quickly and leaves an even, constant layer of bubbles.

Colorwise it reminds me of Coke mixed with Sprite. As I used to be a huge ass (pardon my french) Bock fan I am looking forward to this baby, even though I am pretty sure that the 7% will catapult me into a nice nap.

It's smelling very fruity and fresh with the distinct malt tones being omnipresent. Malty like a Finnish Kotikalja it smells less sweet than that and the fruity tones remind me of a brandy... whyever.

It's a nice mixture of bitter tones with sweetness and a definite present alcohol. I'd suggest this to heavy meals like game. The bitterness is the first present taste but as soon as it mixes with oxygen it turns into a nutty, heavy bitter-sweetness that is worth trying. A worthy Doppelbock!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment