Mar 7, 2013

Lausitzer Porter

Lausitzer Porter
Bergquell-Brauerei Löbau
0,5l
4,4%

To end the Porter series by this particular brewery I never heard of before, I chose the untainted Porter they make.. I'd wager a guess that it's the same brew I had the last few days which in those cases was mixed with artificial aroma.. so now wondering what the real Mc Coy will be like. They use the same design as the fruity variants, a red PORTER logo, this time branded with 'Lausitzer'.

The foam is a lot better and more stable on this version and also a bit more cream colored, alas not as fine as I'd have expected it from a porter. It's dark brown/reddish but not as dark as one would expect.
It smells fruity with distinct yeast tones and a slight malty, smoky smell. The whole smell is rather fine and not very intense.

Let's find out whether their porter really needs to cloud its taste with aroma...
Well as I just found out they already add sugar to it which - as most of you might know by now - isn't my favorite. They aim to balance the bitter tones with the sugar but I am not a fan of the outcome. I think the beer would benefit from leaving the sugar out of the mixture. The tartness there and would be nice but also is mainly clouded by the added sugar.

So a 'meh' from me.

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment