Mar 23, 2014

Bayreuther Hell

Bayreuther Hell
0,5l
4,8%

So we reached the end of the Schlappeseppel Series yesterday so...:

Don't expect much from me today dear reader... I barely slept last night and then I went to a museum with my parents, ended in a restaurant and now finally am home.. so I am just craving for my evening beer but to honor all the 3 or 4 readers I have ( ;) ) I decided to at least say some words about the beer my dad brought home for me. I also want to apologize for the hard German beer focus I have atm. I need to go to the specialty store or to Belgium to buy some international goodies.

Classic bottle with a white blue label, which surely is supposed to remind the buyer of Bavaria as the states colors are blue white. The lower part of the label shows a view of - what I can only suppose - is the city of Bayreuth. So what I expect is a somewhat umami, spicy full beer. What I hope it not to be is a generic Pilsener.

As I am taking the pictures inside they will not be as fancy as during the last days..

Ratebeer -like usually- has this German brew in the lower mediocre range. I guess they aren't huge fans of German beer.

Right,,, it pours like a Pilsener, it smells like a Pilsener... the foam dissipates super fast and I could only create a nice head for a few seconds... not very promising. It's nicely golden of color, maybe a bit darker than the generic beers.

Actually the Pils - smell impression was only the first.. now that I sit down t test it some more it doesn't smell Pilsnery at all..
Ir actually has nice sweet tones coupled with floral hues and spices.. call me crazy but I find oregano notes there O_o... maybe I just need a Pizza...

This is surprisingly great. The carbonation is about perfect and the taste instantly fills my whole mouth with different aspects. Indeed umami is part of it. The yeast somehow is noticeable but not badly and it is surprisingly sweet but stull spicy in a good way. Instead of bitter tones this leaves some nice spicy impression in my mouth.

This is rather a nice surprise find! I didn't expect much but got a lot! Yay me!

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment