Mar 23, 2014

Schlappeseppel VI: Kellerbier

Schlappeseppel Kellerbier
0,5l
5,5%

Aaaaaaaaaand as you all know, Kellerbier is my favorite kinda beer so I actually saved this beauty till the end. This used to be what I called my favorite beer from Germany, alas, I never wrote about it.. that shall change today. A great Kudos to all the readers btw... we reached some 80 site openings yesterday, which is a lot for this little project of mine of which I thought, no one ever reads it. I'm happy to take requests by the way for what should be tried next.

So with this bottle, the good people from Schlappeseppel went back to the half photograph, half letters label. Well fitting, the picture this time shows old casks which obviously plays with the fact that Kellerbier / Zwickel is supposed to be a young beer, taken right from the cask. Which is also why it should be unfiltered, just like this baby. The designated color the brewers chose for this bottles upper - smaller - label to represent the Kellerbier is a dark brown.
The quick and nicely pouring golden goodness produces almost no foam, even though I did my best to create some. The little foam there is, is pretty big bubbled (is that a word?) and dissipates semi fast. It is light orange to yellow in color and reminds me of Fanta why ever. As mentioned before, it is unfiltered and thus nicely cloudy. 

The olfactory evaluation comes back with sour tones, nicely mixed with cloves and very fine yeast smells. All in all a very fresh, crisp smell. 

Mhh I knew why I liked this... the carbonation is purrfect and the taste is good and full. It' starts with sour tones on the tip of the tongue and then evolves into a yeasty, spicy goodness on the middle to end with a wave of hoppy bitterness.

It's a great end to a very nice series of maybe still my favorite brewery in Germany, together with Faust.

P.S.: I almost forgot the obligatory Ratebeer link..

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment