Mar 13, 2014

Schinner II: Schinner Urstoff

Schinner Urstoff
0,5l
5%

And the second of the Schinner beers. Urstoff... I'm not sure what to expect from this.. the label doesn't say much more than Vollbier. Urstoff... I guess I expect some full, fresh taste ..it does play with the idea of freshness and old crafts.

The Bottle, like all the Schinners I found, is again the old style flip-top bottle with the label depicting the Schinner 1860 logo.

Meh, maybe today isn't really a great day for me to write .... for a change I just wanna drink a beer but hey.. I'd do anything for you esteemed readers.
Ratebeer again isn't ranking it too highly but we shall see. I'm just wondering because different sites cite this beer as coming from different breweries.

It pours easy and has a nice head which does dissipate rather quickly. I chose a Krombacher Pils glass for this as I wasn't in the mood to walk 3 rooms further to pick a different one. :)

It smells like a classical pils with some soft fruity and flowery tones added.. altogether nothing special.

Tastewise, I agree, this isn't very special as well. It's rather watery with mild caronation and a mediocre hoppish bitterness. It's an easier drink than the Pils as it is rather bland, though not as bland as your around the corner Finnish Lagers.

I'd go for this rather than for the Pilsener I had in part one of the series if I had to chose.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment