Mar 25, 2014

Shopping and Tegernseer Hell


Loot!
I haez beer YAY!
So I went shopping today. Sadly only to my local drink dealer so the beers shall once more be mainly German. So there I am walking through the huge holy halls of malty greatness and pick 6 different beers only to find a bottle of 16% declared strongest Pilsner in the world. so yeah the next week shall be fun... especially as I have some nice Bock in there as well.
I found a nice collection of different things - as different as they can get considering that I don't like Weissbier and that I by now have sampled a lot of the German brews.... In any case we shall start this with a:




Tegernseer Hell
0,5l
4,8%


I actually had to check my friend the neighborhood Ratebeer  to see that this counts as Dortmunder style Helles.. whatever that means dear reader.. The rankings are in the usual range for German beer so nothing to brag about I guess. Though I never heard of the brewery, it appears to be one of the older ones in Germany, being the successor of one that was found in 1050. The label is rather simplistic, leaning heavily on the Bavarian colors of blue and white, a coat of arms and a sketched view over what prolly is the abbey that was one of th brewers in between or maybe the city itself.

The glass I chose was one of two I found on a flea market and it is hand made and all awesome tough of a bit weird form. Still I wanted to use it for days so this is an as good chance as any.

It pours yellow golden with a mediocre head. The fine, white bubbles don't dissipate too fast and leave a nice foam for viewing and drinking pleasure.

 It smells very fresh, crisp and fruity. Flower tones with yeast traces and a hin of roasted meat.

Strong roast aroma filling the upper palate, carbonation being perfect, traces of roasted pine and nutmeg. Alcohol can be tasted but not unpleasantly. Slight bitterness on the sides of the tongue, alas also not bad. I somehow truly dig this... One of the better ones I have had recently and for sure worth buying it again. Sometimes the smaller breweries are hiding rare gems. YAY!

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment