Mar 13, 2014

Schinner III: Schinner Braunbier

Schinner Braunbier
0,5l
5,4%

And the third member in the Schinner series... I DO have higher hopes for this one as it falls into a category I usually like: Braunbier which according to some classifications I have found is counted as a German Style Märzen.

Like the other Schinner bottles I found, this is also a flip-top bottle with its pseudo old fashioned logo - which this time doesn't say 1860 but 1590 as a year. I guess that's the first mentioning of this kind of beer? The story on the back of the label doesn't really explain what Braunbier is, but instead explains how 'in' it has been in the old times and that some German poet even moved to a city to get more of it.

I went with a piss normal pint glass for it. (Pardon my French) as I have no friggin idea what else to use.
Colorwise this indeed is a Braunbier as it is brown... lightly red hazelnutbrown with a caramel colored foam head which dissipates -sadly- rather quick.

Olfactory pleasing it holds tones of nut and yeast mixed with herbs and fruity umami tones.

Carbonation is Ok though again a bit too weak for my taste. It has a full body with some hazelnut tones and roasted hops, though it is bland on the first taste and just develops in the aftertaste.

All in all it continues the Schinner series quite well... close but no cookie I'd say...


Prost!

DMW



No comments:

Post a Comment