Mar 26, 2014

Sternla

Sternla
0,5l
4,9%

This time an even lower than average rating on Ratebeer. This is a classical example of good marketing ... as I, indeed, only bough this because I liked the nice retro 60s like label. I also bought it because I am half Franconian and it is brewed in Würzburg which is close to my fathers hometown.

Anyways, it is cited to be a Helles again which is a kind I like as it is less bitter and more tasty than the usual Pilsners you can find in billions. Their homepage actually advertises with the little bitterness.

As can be seen, the label shows a 60s girl, riding a red star... thus the name Sternla which means small star in local Franconian dialect.

This pours quick and with almost no foam. Had a hard time to create any foam though I did my best! My best guess is that Helles produces litle to no foam. There is a small layer of very fine bubbles though. Colorwise it is a bit paler than standard beer I'd say and it looks high carbonated as there are many, many bubbles... which, however, could be because of the rather old glass I used.

Smellwise the first ting that comes to mind is.. yeast. Sidetones are sour and fresh fruits coupled with sweetness.

This actually is really good. The carbonation is really good and it is sweetish but not in the bad czech way.
I can taste the grainy goodness and tones of grass. Easily one of the better things I have drank.

Don't get me wrong, it is nothing special, but it is prolly the best stuff I could imagine to spend an evening with.

 Prost!

DMW





No comments:

Post a Comment