Mar 20, 2014

Schlappeseppel III: Pils

Schlappeseppel Pils
0,5l
5,1%

Right so yeah.. even this brewery makes a Pilsener ... and well yeah usually it's kinda meh to write about a normal Pilsener.. But as I am writing about every baby I could get from them, it does include a Pils.
Another normal cap, no fancy shmancy flip-top bottles for good ole Schlappeseppel.
Where the bottle yesterday showed an old painting, this one holds a picture of some happy fellows having a blast (in Sepia). The identifier text is green for this baby.

I chose a classical German beer tulip glass though it only holds 0,4l so not the whole bottle... but as this is filtered and I don't have to worry about mixing the yeast in, I decided on this one.

Having spend some days in the fridge, this is now nicely chilly and pours nice and golden. The foam isn't as massive as I expected, but still nice and semi long lasting. The foam itself is clean and white. No yellow or caramel hues this time... and just like the others, this baby smells niiice.

Already while pouring I caught the whiffs of tart bitterness that's so typical for a Pils. It's fresh and fruity smelling with very slight musky tones like being in an old basement. Not unpleasant.

Like always I'd love a tad more carbonation. Also this surprised me as it doesn't really taste very classical Pilsener. It's not as bitter as expected. There even are some sweet tones on the tip of my tongue, while the bitterness is there in the aftertaste but not very intense. Like the Dunkel yesterday this offers a very 'round' drinking experience. It has everything it needs but it's still a bit hmm.
My whole tongue is again involved and a lot of tones are there... but nothing that stands out super great.

Prost!


DMW



No comments:

Post a Comment