Mar 10, 2014

Schinner Series I: Premium Edel Pils

Schinner Premium Edel Pils
0,5l
4,9%

So on the last visit to the drink dealer of my choice I decided to start 2 new series. Meaning I got one piece of every available kind of beer of two breweries: Schinner and Schlappeseppel.
I got 4 Schinners and 6 Schlappeseppels so this should keep me busy for a while.
I decided to kick it off wit Schinner and as I couldn't decide which one, I made sure to tell my mum to put one of them into the fridge and it turned out to be a good old classic Pilsner.

The Schinners all come in nice traditional flip-top bottles which I like as you don't need a bottle opener and they look rustic and nice. They all bear the brewery logo and 1860 on the label. (I guess that's when the brewery was founded?)

I chose a classic Stein-style glass out of my fathers collection to match the old fashioned bottle.

It pours nice and easy with a decent head. It's crystal clear, maybe a bit pale. The head stays nicely and consists out of small fine bubbles... All in all a classical Pilsner.

The RateBeer evaluation isn't too good and as I'm not he hugest fan of bland Pils I do not expect too much.

It smells fresh, crisp and yeasty... it does make my mouth water and I can smell the bitter tones as well.

Carbonation is nice, maybe a bit too weak, some very faint fruity tones in the beginning, then vastly overshadowed by the bitter hoppishness. Leaves some weird aftertaste .. am not disgusted but also not really a huge fan. I'd gladly drink this at a party and I am sure this would be great freshly from the cask... alas this way it's just another brick in the huge wall of generic Pilseners.

Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment