Mar 22, 2014

Schlappeseppel V: Landbier

Schlappeseppel Landbier

0,5l
5,3%

After an amusing episode right now when I realized that this blog was featured on a list of Finnish beer blogs it's time for todays beer which is, last but not least, the Schlappeseppel Landbier.

It is described as unfiltered and copper colored... sounds delicious to me.. what about you?
The bottle has the classic Schlappeseppel label tha you should know by now... the color this time is a light brown and the photo or painting is missing, instead repeating the name 'Landbier' on the main label.

Ratebeer again has a rather mediocre rating for it but as I said before... you can't please em all. (Though you might catch em all .. alas that's a different subject)

As unfiltered and copper colored both appeal to me I am eager to open this one.

This pours fast and easy into the designated brewery glass. Not much head is produced and the foam there is, consists mainly out of very small bubbles and is of a bit greyish color.

The brew itself is of Fanta orange with a few drops of grenadine syrup in it. So yeah maybe a light copper describes it though for me copper would have been redder.

Like with the others.. the smell is just awesome. Fruity and nutty tones, mixed with marzipan and sourness. Partly reminds me of Berliner Weisse whyever with added facets.

Carbonation is perfect and it is indeed less sweet than the export yesterday, however the taste is also more present. It's nicely tart and tickles the tongue on the tip. I like this a lot but I find it hard to describe. The bitter tones blend in nicely and are just there in the aftermath while tart tones mix with spicy aspects and make this a full aroma. Nicely done indeed!


Prost!

DMW

No comments:

Post a Comment